NIC was established to serve Central Government as well as State Governments and
local bodies. It helps in the area of Computerization of various projects, guides
Officials at various levels about data preservation, maintenance and timely report
return from stored data. Besides this NIC having largest Nation wide Satellite based
network connects the remotest part of the country with outer world through NICNET.
Tasks Carried out
- * District Judge's Court Computerisation.
- * On-Line Transport Information Systems.
- * Computerisation and wan and lan connection at
Berhampore - I, Berhampore - II, Lalbagh and Kandi sub divisional treasuries.
- * Land Records computerisation.
- * Development of web site for the district.
- * Computerisation of District Consumers' Forum
- * Computerisation of Gun license process of District
- * Computerisation of Public Grievance System of
- * Computerisation of Land Acquisition Office.
- * Computerisation of Salary related accounting process
of thirty five Government offices and two local bodies.
Future Goals and Activity
As per the present trend and need, the office has been developing softwares to give
e-government facilities to citizens through web based services from existing data
bases created already. It is consistent effort of the office that with the development
of softwares and other computer activities, computer business at grass root level
gets promoted. With district administration, user centric activities are being chalked
up. Besides this, development of databases are also given priority.
NATIONAL INFORMATICS CENTRE,
DISTRICT COMPUTER CENTRE,
ROOM NUMBER-406, NEW ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING,
WEST BENGAL, PIN 742101.
Phone No. : (03482)-254014.
Email : wbmsr[at]nic[dot]in